- This event has passed.
Women Healthcare Public Dialogue
23 May 2022
AROEHAN organised an Aarogya Jana Samvaad at Mokhada on May 23, 2022. The public dialogue was focused solely on healthcare system for women in the rural areas. We mobilised the community and helped them let out their pains and peril in this public dialogue. Women brought attention to several concerning issues. They spoke about the negligence by employees in Primary Healthcare Centers (PHC) and the rude behaviour of doctors toward them. The lack of resources in PHCs and the Rural Hospital has forced patients, including pregnant women, to travel all the way to Nashik Hospital. They also pointed out they have not received their money under Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana.
The highlighted issues from the session are:
- People were concerned about the sonography checkup that is scheduled once a week for insufficient hours. Also, the travel distance for pregnant women is more and the time assigned for the check-up is less which increases the waiting time and all patients get have to get access to these services in these limited hours only.
- Sonography for other patients is not available at the RH Mokhada. Patients have to travel to far places and private hospitals like Wada, Ghoti, and Nashik. This causes a financial and mental burden to the people.
- No regular vaccination for pregnant mothers and children. (Pathardi, Botewadi, Shirasgaon)
- 46 vacancies of health workers and officers.
- Lack of basic infrastructure in public health services.
- Suryamal PHU (Public health unit) does not have full-time doctors.
- Substations are closed due to insufficient staff.
- People have to face many difficulties as there is no substation in Kurlod even after 6/7 years of follow-up.
Read More: https://aroehan.org/aroehan-ngo-organises-women-healthcare-public-dialogue/